Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

I had a goal to complete this quilt by today and I squeaked it in! I had to excuse myself from our guest that came over for the afternoon so I could finish the binding, but it is done!

This is the largest quilt I have machine quilted to date at 64 x 83 and it caused some frustration. I did loopy loops I think that once it is washed all the little issues I see will wash away. I used the yellow brick road pattern, materials from my stash and randomly collected the first of June when I decided I wanted to do some Red-White-Blue stuff.

The back is mostly some large red/white dots from stash with some others pieced in.
I named this Lowden Park. When I grew up that is where the 4th of July fireworks were and while working the quilt I thought how perfect it would be to throw down on the grass, lay down on and watch the sparkling sky.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

11 comments:

  1. I love it!! What a great name for the quilt! Happy 4th to you!

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I call keeping a goal, and it is a good one, too! So, here's hoping you see great fireworks tonight. Love the happy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt! Congratulations on meeting your deadline, and on having something wonderful to use on the 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great! I'd totally ditch company for sewing. LOL Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - that is gorgeous - i love the dots on the back. thanks for visiting my blog♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diane,

    Happy 4th to you too! Your patriotic quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane ~ I am very partial to red/white/blue, and I love your quilt! I just purchased the fat quarter bundle of red/white/ blue and the pattern on the Oh, Fransson! blog and can't wait to receive it in the mail. I hope you had an enjoyable 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty quilt!! Is it your pattern? Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect! I have made lots of quilts using that pattern. Quilts for my daughter's friends. All different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this quilt! I am a sucker for red while and blue quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute Fourth of July quilt! I think you showed this one to us also, & it's super cute.

    ReplyDelete