Friday, November 12, 2010

Go (insert favorite team) Go!

This was to be named GO Marcus GO, but the weather conspired against me from taking this as a good luck charm to the football playoff game last night and we lost.... in the last seconds.... pass to the end zone to tie the game was caught, but said to be past the line, out of bounds, no score, we lose.




See the blue skys and the toes in flip flops? Is was almost 75 degrees at game time and the temp never dropped below 65 making it a little warm to lug a quilt to the game.... maybe I should have anyhow.... for luck....

The loss officially ends the football / band marching season here, so.... I am going to instead name this GO Foothill GO in honor of my nephew being moved up from Varsity from JV to play the remainder of their season. The quilt will have to be good luck in abstentia since Foothill High School is in Northern California and the quilt is staying with me in Texas.
Here is the back, of the quilt and the holder... again, its the middle of November and its shorts and flip flops? Rain predicted and temps to drop this weekend.... I can't wait!
.
I am sharing this on Amy's Sew & Tell. If you are visiting from there, welcome! If you came from elsewhere, be sure to go check ou the other projects for the week!

9 comments:

  1. I like the tumbler quilt, and that GO sure makes life easier, too. This must be the 6 1/2" die, right?
    Where would we be without our beloved quilt holder? I have such an attachment to mine, and last time he got into the picture, he was ribbed for having a shirt and tie on! We'll keep them in-spite of their clothing, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple, and yet so fun. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this quilt! I really want to do one of these, but I keep waiting to see if I get lucky to get a Go Cutter with a tumbler die! lol I just need to start free hand cutting! a girl can wish though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry that your weather did not cooperate with you. this quilt is beautiful. i love the shot of your holder!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great tumbler block quilt! It's great how your quilt holder's shorts coordinate nicely with the quilt back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is great! Love that block and I recently used it in I-Spy quilts! So fun to do and easy to put together. Funny how the weather wouldn't cooperate so you could use the quilt! There's always next year.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that pattern and one day would like to use it to make a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great quilt! And, since you said we could insert our favorite team and there is RED in your quilt, I'm going to have to put a big shout out and say, "GO HUSKERS GO!" lol I do love football! I guess this quilt will be going to all of the games next season then? Since it's a good luck charm? And, we were, I say were.....having that warm November weather here too until last week and it suddenly disappeared and we were hit with our first winter storm! Snow is called for tonight, too. Bye, bye flip flops.....I had to pack them all up a couple of weeks ago and break out the gloves, scarves and hats! ;-)

    ReplyDelete