Friday, November 19, 2010

Sew & Tell Friday!





This is a quilt I have been working on since about September. It is a Christmas gift for my sister, who I am quite sure does not follow my blog so I can share it before getting it in mail.


.


It is a disappearing 9 patch pattern featuring Joel Dewberry's Modern Meadow fabrics with a couple others thrown in from my stash, most notably the brown border with unknown origins and the backing which is from the Pieces of My Heart collection by Sandy Gervais for Moda. The solid is Kona Cotton Gold.







I quilted it with a variegated gold/brown thread which I liked a lot! I did find myself heading towards the dark squares when the dark thread came up but that made my quilting a little more random.

I'll be sharing at Amy's Sew & Tell when the internet gremlins fix her linky party :)
.
And as a bit of house keeping, my husband (also known as the random number generator of the day) picked 21, which makes Shanan Z. the winner of the 100 post give away.

9 comments:

  1. The disappearing 9 patch sure make a great quilt. Love your fabrics and the quilting looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors! Thanks for sharing!

    Happy Sew & Tell Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out great!!

    You certainly made my girls happy with your fabric scrap stash. You should have heard their oohs & aahs as they sifted through the bags. :)

    Shanan is at a friend's house for the weekend, but I'll encourage her to check your blog when she returns, so she'll see for herself that she is the winner of the stash! She'll be ecstatic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! What a great Christmas present...those are awesome fabrics, i am sure she'll be really surprised!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks beautiful. she is going to love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful! I almost picked up some variegated thread yesterday to use for the back of a quilt.....yours looks so neat, I might have to go back and get that thread today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors on this quilt. Well done and I'm impressed that you just started it in September. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is gorgeous and so is the back! I'm sure your sister will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sister is going to love it. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete