Wednesday, June 23, 2010

She's Home!

Yes, the Bernina is home! (none too soon I might add) I cleaned up the mess from the party before taking the picture, but we have celebrated her return and are ready to dive into the items that have been waiting for her since she is the only machine I can machine quilt with right now.


Happy mail day this week when my fat quarter bunch of Early Bird arrived. I am a tad disappointed, though I can't put my finger on why. I have been hoarding the scrapbook paper from this collection for over a year now and had such high expectations for the fabric. I do wish they had included the print on the far left of the papers as fabric, as well as the dots.

Today I decided to make my own version of a Kona color card with what I have and how much of it. If I have a coupon for somewhere and I don't find anything I want/need I end up getting a yard or two of a Kona since I always can use that in something. But, I was going through my solids and found that I had 3 pieces of green grass! With my card in tow next trip to J's or HL with a coupon I will know what I have already at home.




Last, but not least, the final three pinwheel blocks (cue hallelujah chorus). I do love these blocks but I am so happy to have them done! I am going to set them aside for a bit while I catch up on quilting before sashing and completing.



7 comments:

  1. I know you are happy to have your machine back. I really need to take mine in but I have so many commitments right now.
    Love those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh I love that fabric. I've had cosmo cricket paper in my cart at shops so often but never bought because I have way too much scrapbook paper. But fabric? Yeah I'll have to get that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to make your own Kona color card! I'd much rather buy colors I don't have than duplicate what's at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH your machine has made it back to you safely! Much sewing/quilting to get caught up on! LOVE your pinwheels too. Is your Kona Color Card gonna be a quilt? That would be AWESOME quilt! Sew On!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah to having your Bernina back! Maybe I should send mine out to be service during vacation! I like the Cosmo Cricket a lot, but wish the cherries weren't so off white! Congrats on finishing the pinwheels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHY OH WHY did they not make the dots into fabric?? Everyone loves dots!

    ReplyDelete