Sunday, January 4, 2015

Wrapping up 2014 - part 1


 Happy New Year! 
 
I have been so bad about blogging this year, but  I wanted to finish up posting quilts I completed in   2014.  I fell in love with the giant star quilt and decided to make one as a wall hanging.  We have those big walls created by high ceilings that are impossible to decorate and I needed something big but didn't want to break the bank.  I got out my stash of AMH and used some linen I had found cheap. 
 


 
 
This was supposed to be a 'tester' to see how it went before making a 'real' one. 
Well, I love this and it has been hung for about 6 months now.  I used the hanging method from Amy ala mode and am thrilled with how it looks, kinda floating.
 
 
 
 
In other needle news, I have knitted many a circular scarf.... K,K,K.  Part of my plan for the future is to deviate from the easy, so I decided to tackle crochet.  I have done it before, years ago, and as a child was taught by my grandmother. I picked a super easy pattern to refresh myself and now have a collection of crochet scarfs as well, but plan to move on to the Crafty class on Crochet, with the Sunday Shawl as my end of year goal.  Wish me luck!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment