Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Where 4 days in a car will take you


This was the grand trip! Lucky for us google over estimated the time and instead of 34 hours it was more like 28 hours. Since it was hubby, me, two pre-teen girls and a small dog.... I am glad we took our time. I think I am in withdraws because all my pictures make me think of quilts... the mountains remind me of a zig zag pattern, the fields with lava flows reminded me of a 4 patch square, and field rows with layers of clouds above made me think of a wonky fence rail.

We arrived safe and sound and now I am ready to spend a wonderful holiday with friends and family and wish the same to you all.



3 comments:

  1. wow, what a long trip.
    I had a cousin who used to live in Redding.
    You passed where I lived once, Simi Valley. I was born in CA.
    Have a great Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful trip, I hope it wasn't too cold in the Grand Canyon. I hope to make it up there sometime this spring or summer. Have a safe trip home and Have a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate planes so a road trip is right up my alley but It gets long.

    ReplyDelete