Saturday, January 14, 2012

Scrap 'Picnic' quilt

I have been following along with Jodi at Pleasant Home's Scrap-Along. Last week she featured a great quilt from Feda's Hive, the Picnic Quilt. I got out my scraps and started sorting, finding that most of my stash was earth tones and got started....



I also found that I have a lot of 2.5 strips and not a lot of pieces that were in the 4.5" square range.... so I decided to adjust the 6.5 x 4.5 units to what I had, still using the original, but adding some other configurations as well.

This is the first 6 units, combined to make a 12" block up on the design wall.



I am not sure how big this will be, and don't have a target for completion, but I do visualize snuggling with it on my couch.

2 comments:

  1. I having been following Jodi's blog and saw that on Nanette's blog. I like yours. It would be a great leader ender project too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all the scraps are just beautiful in that block! You definitely have a way of putting fabrics together! A

    ReplyDelete