Monday, January 30, 2012

Scraptacular


This is my version of Nannett's Picnic quilt as shared this month by Jodi at Pleasant Home.



Rather than sticking to 4.5 and 2.5 inch squares, I added 2.5 x4.5 and 6.5 strips and 4.5 x 6.5 rectangles.... then made the 12.5 blocks.



I included solids as well, and a solid mustard yellow border to keep it bright.


The backing is some wonderful soft flannel that I fell in love... it will be so snugly on the couch!




I want to go find a pine forest to take pictures of this, with lovely mountains in the background, but... well... its a wood fence, and there are shadows of the scraggly oaks ... that will have to do.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, Diane, that's lovely! I'm so wanting to give this design a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! Colors are awesome too. Sew On!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll say it again....you are an amazing FAST quilter!!! The quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done a wonderful job. Its a glorious scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete