Thursday, March 1, 2012

March Plans

Storytime Squares quilt that I started last fall is the UFO of the month!  Perfect!  Super easy, and I think it is the only smaller quilt on the list... which will help since I managed to start two more projects in February that I don't want to end up as UFO's on next years list.

First is the Granny Squares quilt along with Old Red Barn.  
Krista officially kicked it off today, but many people have already completed their projects.  If you have not yet jumped on the granny wagon, its not too late!

I made my blocks with 4.5 inch squares so 12 blocks will make a good sized quilt and 20 will make a queen sized and I am still deciding which it will be.  I have 8 blocks so far and they are easy peasy & quick.


And my Swoon continues, this is block 3.  I have all my fabrics and need to work these into the schedule.  I think I am going to cut them 2 at a time since the cutting takes so much thinking :)  This will limit the number of times I need to think.

So what do you have planned?  Spring weather is coming here, 75 yesterday and 83 expected today, so my sewing may be slowing down a little but I hope to get Storytime and Granny's done and 3 more Swoons done as well.

4 comments:

  1. Love them all!! I want to get started on Granny AND Swoon!! But right now I'm making a quilt for a friend...then I'll get to those for ME! Somehow getting the garden started fits in there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Granny Squares block looks so enticing. Great idea to make the squares bigger. I don't think I will ever tire of seeing Swoon blocks. Happy stitching Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the granny squares, I just really have jump in with that one. And the swoon block, gorgeous! I cut mine two at time as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've got some great projects on the go. Love that swoon block! And UFOs! I've been trying really hard to complete some of my UFOs this year -- I want to be free to make lots of fun new stuff!

    ReplyDelete