Tuesday, November 11, 2014

I'm still here!!!

Hmm, do I lead with excuses as to why I have not posted in 6 months, or get straight into the quilt?





I'll start with this fabric, Sandi Henderson Secret Garden.
If you find this stuff, get it!  It is luscious!  it is so soft and wonderful!  I had done a prior quilt back in another print from the line and when I found this one cheap, I grabbed it!


 
The large scale print worked perfect for the backing of this quilt.

 
And yes, it was late summer when I completed this quilt, maybe only 5 months ago. 


 
So, here is the story for this quilt... My oldest daughter studied abroad at Oxford this summer.  When I found these 'British' fabrics I decided she needed a quilt!  (middle row below)  Its a simple disappearing 9 patch that she can cuddle with watching movies in the rec room at the dorms. 
 
 
And since the material is posted, I will move to quilt number 2 completed in the past months for daughter #2.  She is in the High School marching band and wanted a 'show' quilt, a quilt that matched the theme of this years marching show to take on the big road trip to San Antonio to State Championships (more on that to come).  I made her one last year when the theme was snakes.
 
 
The show had a gem motif this year which I thought would be easier, but this was the only fabric I could find.  I think it turned out great, a small bus size quilt and matching pillow case. 
 
I am pretty proud that I got these two quilts done in the time period...  anyone familiar with competitive marching band, well, I did more than flags this year, but will save that for tomorrows post.
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Hey, hi! I had been wondering from time to time about how you were doing. Nice to get a little catch up. What a great quilt for your daughter to take along to Oxford! (And Oxford, are you kidding me? How cool is that?) Love the jewel tones in the other daughter's quilt too. Sounds like the band mom duties are still keeping you out of trouble!

    ReplyDelete