Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WIP 3/22



Returning from another bloggy break.... spring break and over all business and I am itching to start a new project! Lets see what I have hanging out before starting something new.


Completed:

(Not really, but out of my house....)




I know, this does not look completed, but I'm done with it.... its going to Sara Craig's Quilt Ministry to be completed and given to someone with lots of love. If you are unfamiliar with Sara and her work be sure to check out this post that tells the story of the last set of unfinished blocks I sent her.



New Projects:

My daughter, the one who didn't want me to make her any quilts, has been bugging me for months to make her another one since she got this one for Christmas.
I started working with what was left from the first quilt but decided to make it more blue. After several different ideas regarding the pattern I decided on the Fenced In quilt from Elizabeth Hartman's Practical Guide to Patchwork. I had made one using this as inspiration as a gift for Christmas and it came together quickly and I can easily make it bigger by adding a row.



So, about 2/3 of the strips are cut, but I am not feeling it right now.... its not calling to me, sew me now... I told my daughter that she shold look for this to be completed for her birthday in June or maybe Christmas.... since it has a nice warm flannel backing.


Progress:
Nothing Nada kaput... I did buy fabric, does that count?



Sitting:
I think I can get one of these to call to me.... I hope.... I tried working on the Pinwheels and it was a no go, so maybe the AM Jane squares or the Hope Valley QAL will see progress in the next week.

Hour Glass Pot holders : Pinwheel Quilt Along : Hope Valley QAL : Stamp QAL :Chubby Stars QAL : Snippet Pinwheels : Leaves D9P : Am Jane Squares : HST

Stats for week: Actually the month


New Projects - 1 : Completed (shipped out) - 1 : WIP - 10

11 comments:

  1. I love that book and am thinking of making two quilts from it also! Your daughters quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a nice quilt your daughter has.beautfiul colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt. Thanks for stopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your 'progress' report - BOUGHT MORE FABRIC! me too....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, Diane, I love the colors in that fabric you are sending me! That will be so much fun to work with! And thanks for showing the picture of your daughter's quilt - I've been experimenting with settings for D9Ps the past couple of weeks, and I LOVE that one!! Very very cool!!

    I also appreciate the shout-out and link to Savannah's quilt story.... still one of my favorites! You touched a lot of lives with that quilt......

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely quilt you made your daughter. Looking forward to seeing the next one.

    Will go and check out the book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i was going to ask a question about the Hartman book. It was on my Christmas list, but it didn't make it under the tree. So now I'm debating buying it from Amazon. Just wondered if you would really recommend it...i need something easy and not complicated. I noticed another commenter said she loved the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That blue & green quilt of your daughters is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! This is wonderful quilt! But so are all the others you have made! You know how to match the colours and make beautiful quilts!
    Thank you for your lovely comment! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  10. those colors in your daughter's quilt are what my daughter would like too. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you're back! Those strips are beautiful, and I'm sure they'll look great in the Fenced In pattern. Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete