I actually sat at my sewing machine and got something done, well not done, but made progress.....
Completed: Nothing New Projects: None
We established last week that buying fabric was making progress, so I made a LOT of progress this week. I started swapping too, gathering fabrics for a new quilt that is all mapped out in my head.
Rather than cut in to my new goodies, I restrained myself and worked on a project I had already started, but it feels new since I changed it up so much.
I pulled out my American Jane fabric Peas & Carrots that I had cut for the Square One quilt from Camile Roskelley's Simplify book and started messing with them. After taking another look at the pattern I reminded myself that I hated sashing and that was why the pinwheels blocks had been sitting idle for over a year.
So I took the original block design and added a round of solid, a print and another solid to the block. This will be a queen size quilt so the 15 inch block will work much better than the original 6 inch block. I added some Wee Play, Recess, and Punctuation to the mix of fabrics to balance the colors I had.
Hour Glass Pot holders : Pinwheel Quilt Along : Hope Valley QAL : Stamp QAL :Chubby Stars QAL : Snippet Pinwheels : Leaves D9P : Mandy's fence : HST
Stats for week: New Projects - 0 : Completed - 0 : WIP - 10