Thursday, April 7, 2011

A&M quilts

A friend asked me to make her daughter a Texas A&M quilt, inspired by the Raiders quilt I made for my husband.


I was able to find some nice fabric and was even able to get it 40% at hobby lobby. Although the second print has grey in it I was asked to not use any other grey, just Maroon and White, but not a lot of white because the daughter is somewhat messy. ... hmmm... I still have to get the Kona Burgundy (don't tell because A&M fans are touchy about it beeing maroon) and there is a reverse print of the top available as well.


For the Raiders quilt I used 5 different solids between black, white and grey so I am going to have to use a different layout and plan for this quilt, which is fine becuase I don't like making a quilt over again, I always want to make something a little different.



This is a mock up of one idea, what do you think? Too much white? The good news is I get to make two of them since I volunteered to make one for the Band Golf Tournament auction... so I will come up with two different designs and my frined can pick her favorite. Please let me know if you have any ideas for a design using these fabrics... quick and easy please!

No comments:

Post a Comment