Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring in Jukiland


Ok, so Juki Spring may be the dorkiest quilt name I have ever come up with, but... I was sorting my fabrics, needing to clear out room for the stack of the new DS Quilt line I bought an Joann, and I had this nice stack of old prints (vintage? I think I re-bought this but I made a sundress out of that print on the bottom right when I was in high school, I think a sophomore, making it over 30 years ago) that I decided to cut for my fist project on the Juki. A Spring Queen size (90x90) that I would not have been able to get through the Bernina regardless of pulling and tugging.




I wanted a simple pattern so that I could concentrate on the sewing and learning the machine rather than on the block so this combo of 5" and 9.5" squares was my solution. I am making it in 4 sections that measure 45" square and section one was Sundays project du jour.



Machine sews like a dream. I had heard that it was loud... I did find that at all in fact my husband walked in and commented on how smooth it sounded. I had a little shock when I uncrated and saw the label panel... I had ordered a TL98Q so what the heck was this.... I got online and found this was the 'new' release and was the same with a couple upgrades like a LED light and a heel press for cutting rather than a toe press. It does come without the zipper foot but I figure I will be using the bernina for anything with a zipper anyhow.


I am linking to Modern Monday. Although these are old fabrics the pattern is clean and modern so I figure I qualify.



{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

6 comments:

  1. That's a great project to work on as you get to know your new friend Juki! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice quilt for spring. Enjoy your machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love your Juki??? Mine is so much quieter and smoother-sewing than my Singers.... Pretty quilt, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt! Enjoy your new machine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looked Modern I actually thought it was Kona charm packs at first. It looks fabulous! I am on the fence about a Juki. (I already have a machine.) I have heard nothing but good things about quilting with it. I am glad you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new machine is great fun AND your quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete