Wednesday, April 20, 2011

spring cleaning?




I am sure you have all seen this, the new Denyse Schmidt collection at Joann Fabrics. This was my first cut at the collection, I have since purchased some more... as recently as today...; got to love the 50% off coupons.







To make room I did some cleaning of my stash and came up with this stack ... over 2 feet high... and that is after I culled out the 10 fabrics that I used for the Vintage Juki Spring quilt. Some is over 10 years old, fabrics that I had when we moved to Texas, and some are more recent that I know I will never use because they are, uhm, ugly.








Then, since I had some extra room... I picked up these today... Love those bunnies... but the best part about this stack is that it averaged $3.30 a yard for the 16 yards. The top one is Michael Miller Crib Print, I got 5.5 yards and I think it will be great for a quilt back.... more to come on that over the weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Cute bunnies! Be careful! The ds goes on 'sale' this monday so no more couponing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need a good home for that stack of ugly fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been doing a similar cull - what do you plan to do with the fabric? I've had some luck selling mine on craigslist but my most recent batch hasn't had a single nibble. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always good to have a fabric clean out. I think all that DS fabric at Joann's will be all gone by the time my husband gets over there:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our Joann's never got the DS fabric. Since they are closing in July (for good) they probably won't be getting any. By the time I get to the next closer one an hour away they'll be all out! Look how much money I'm saving. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stash additions! Nothing quilt like it, is there?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd also like to give a home to those "ugly" fabrics. =) They remind me of my childhood and all the things my mom used to sew with those calicos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute fabrics! I can't wait to get my hands on some of those Denise Schmidt prints!

    ReplyDelete