Saturday, February 13, 2010

Baby Snowballs


The baby snowball quilt is done. This was made with two charm packs of Tanya Whelan French Hatbox. (these only had 21 squares per pack) Border, backing and binding are also from this line. The quilt measures 36" square when washed/dried. (it is square, I just took the picture from a wonky angle)

The white are the baby triangles trimmed from the signature bock swap. I sewed them on top of the blocks along the long edge then assembled the blocks. I quilted with the walking foot down the block seam lines as well as between them, and stitched the border several rows 1/4 inch apart. The triangle edges did fray and come up a bit as I hoped. All washed/dried this is just a whole bunch of shabby chic crinkly goodness


I asked my friend that is expecting is she is sure-sure-sure that she is having a boy :)

11 comments:

  1. I love those fabrics, makes for an adorable quilt. So girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Diane! The backing and border fabrics are especially pretty and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! And so wonderful to be able to put your leftover triangles to such good use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely quilt. I like the close quilting lines in the border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh - this is so pretty....and so sweet! You did a great job on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I especially like the binding.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY cute idea!! I'm sorry now that I threw mine away (don't tell the quilting police...lol!!) I will keep the idea in mind for another time : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. VERY cute idea!! I will have to keep this idea in mind for next time (don't tell the quilting police that threw my scraps away)!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you showed us this one. I love the pink roses!

    ReplyDelete