Monday, January 28, 2013

Another one bites the dust!

 
Another UFO, completed!
 
According to this post I started this a little over 2 years ago.
I have worked on it here and there but when I pulled it out last week I was surprised at how little time it took to finish it up, at least once I got the 1/2 yard of fabric ordered and received that was required.
 
 
It  was a tad windy on Sunday when I took the pictures, and boy does that fence need stain.
 
The quilt includes lots of muted, non-bright fabrics, some are bits and pieces sent as 'extras' in trades. Its a simple 5" HST with Ash Kona cotton.  Love this color... not to grey, not to khaki.
 
 
Thanks to the wind I was able to get this picture of the backside...
don't look to close as it is a mess.
 
 
 
It comes out to 85 x 66, so a nice snuggle size.  I had already bought the fabric for backing, have it pieced and ready to go... but the myth of flag fabric being delivered continues so I will be stacking this in the corner for now.
 
 

 
And here is the first set of flags in use!  I didn't have to make them... after not getting the fabric all week we called found out it had slipped in the process and was never sent so they made them up for us free of charge! 

5 comments:

  1. I love it! Great stained glass effect with the shot from the back. You've really got some nice fabrics in this one, and the background color is perfect. Way to go, knocking out a UFO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo! Hoo! great looking top.
    now that is a deal about the flags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful top - Ash is my favorite Kona color!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Diane! Amazing how intricate it looks even though it is just made of simple half square triangles!

    ReplyDelete