1744 pieces combined to make this quilt. Most were from the scrap strip container, lots of binding ends and trimmings from backings since I allow about 4 inches extra on my backings.
Since I am pretty anti-random some rules had to be established, which you may be able to determine from just looking at it. The first is that a dark ran through the middle, second was each block had a solid, third was each had a yellow fabric.
When choosing the fabrics I eliminated brown tones. I had satisfied my warm scrappy yearnings with Scraptastic last year.
I made the blocks with 7x7 rather than the standard 6x6 strips. The quilt is 6x6 blocks, 80" square. I am pretty sure I will be adding a solid border around the edges, probably 5" which will make this perfect for my queen sized bed. The blue sky is inspiring me to maybe go with a blue :)
However, border will have to wait as I got my flag order for the spring this week and once fabric arrives will be making 62 for the Winter Guard show.
Sharing this weeks accomplishment with the Whoop Group!