Friday, January 11, 2013

Delirium! Done!

 
 
Its done!  Its called Delirium because while laying on the couch on Christmas day with a fever it suddenly occurred to me how to use these blocks to make a quilt that would be done, completed, finished, and out of the UFO pile!
 
 
 
 
The blocks are from Crazy Mom Quilts 36 block quilt along which she started in July of 2011. 
 
I had 12 blocks made, no intention of making more and decided to use a wide 4 inch sashing in between the blocks and a 6 inch border in Kona Steel.  I like this new color, it is a nice option to Coal which I have used as a medium dark grey in the past.
 
 
 
The back is Michael Miller Flannel Ginger Blossom Bouquet Toss by Sandi Henderson that I had grabbed on sale some time ago and had in stash. It coordinated with the grey and pops the colors on the front.  The binding is Pomegranate Kona, also used in one of the blocks on the front. 
 
It finished up washed and ready to go at aprox 55 x 70, perfect for Daddy and doggy!
 
 
 
 

17 comments:

  1. GREAT finish! You're very creative when you're delirious - it's a brilliant solution, and I love how it really showcases each of the 36-patch blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the simple ones are the best .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job finishing a UFO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great finish! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great withe the dark contrast

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoop! Whoop! :) Great product of dilerium. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made one of these quilts and it's one of our favorites! Yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. whoop! whoop! that is so great. I like the quilting and it looks like someone else is enjoying the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic finish! I just love the colors and a flannel backing is brilliant for winter time. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really cool! I am pleased something great came out of a possibly not-so-great xmas day (ie you were unwell). Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks terrific! I love the wide grey sashing/borders. It calms down the busy blocks and the color is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the steel gray with the color! I must try that! Beautiful Quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, Diane, I love it!!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was a great delirium - turned out so great!!

    ReplyDelete