Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Haunted Mansion


It has been so long since I posted, lets see if I remember how! I have gotten some sewing done, and have finally gotten the pictures to prove it!



I completed the Haunted Mansions Halloween quilt! I ended up quilting it with stitch in the ditch which complemented the pattern.





I had big plans for a pieced backing featuring the large print squares that were left from the layer cake, but in the end I went with one of my favorites, dainty damask from Micheal Miller in orange and black. I think it goes well with the Gothic feel of the Haunted Mansion Moda fabrics.

The little guy posing is a thrift shop find that I decided was needed for holiday decor. The kids, husband and dog were all suitably impressed when they noticed him in the tree!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Halloween quilt. The kids will have so much fun visiting your home on Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Halloween quilt - and I love the back! Great fabric choice!

    Is that a vulture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your halloween quilt!
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out great. Love your little friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your quilts!! this one is very cute!

    ReplyDelete