Monday, October 31, 2011

Anna Maria Horner quilt


Its done, with binding and everything! This quilt is a Disappearing Nine Patch using fabrics from 5 different lines from Anna Maria Horner.



The backing is blocks of Konna from the colors used on the quilt as well as a length of a print, Dance Floor from the Garden Party line.



I quilted it with an all over meander using a medium grey thread. I think that grey works on almost any quilt and is my go-to thread.... reminder, I need more....




Its now ready to package for the mail to be delivered to a newly married couple... its a couple months late, but... Emily Post assures me that anytime with in a year is appropriate for a wedding gift.


10 comments:

  1. it's a beautiful quilt, i am sure they will love it. It's great that all her fabrics work so perfectly together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I'm sure the couple will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful! I love Anna Maria Horner fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those beautiful AMH prints make for a lovely rich looking quilt. Nice job Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! and such a sweet wedding gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous, Diana! Love all the colors, and I agree with you about grey thread - it's so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt Diane - love AMH fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL! And I'm with you on the gray thread! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete