Friday, December 11, 2009

Sew & Tell Friday!


Its Friday! This week for Sew and Tell I have some little gifts that I made for a variety of uses. Hubby is giving wine to some people at work but the couple of people that don't enjoy wine will get one of these with a Starbucks card. The girls may take these for a couple of teachers, the youngest will be taking some of the bags w/o mugs for her lunch buddies. I am thinking these will be nice to just have around the next couple weeks as things come up.


I made 12 of the bags this morning in 3 different colorways. I used this pattern/instruction though I don't plan to fill any with the molten lava cake. They are filled with a variety of holiday candy I picked up at Target. I found these mugs at wal-mart and knew that I had the fabric at home to match. I took inventory of my remaining fabric and and am going to buy some contrast to make the wine bags too!


Be sure to check out the other great projects on Amy's site today! I am excited to get started looking because every week there is such great inspiration!

20 comments:

  1. What nice holiday gifts! You've been busy today if you made 12 of these! Great work - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little gifts! What a nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little holiday gifts!!! and I think those getting them will be thrilled...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Those come out really cool. I might have to make some. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the pattern for those bags and cake too but I love your idea to fill them up with candy too. Yours turned out really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great pattern. Thanks for the link. The fabrics match perfectly with the mugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute. What a sweet gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great gift ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are awesome little bags. what a great finish

    ReplyDelete
  10. No matter how many I have, I love a bright new mug. Yours will make great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of hand made gift bags for holiday goodies. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute Diane!!!! love that candy cane fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love them! thanks for linking to the pattern! Great idea to have extras on hand. They have mugs super cheap at walgreens too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your little mugs are adorable! I saw that tutorial on Terri's blog and thought it was such a good idea -- until she mentioned those little microwave cakes. I made one months agoand it was rubbery! So, I'm glad you've found something else to go in them LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those bags are adorable, they make great gifts with the added goodies and in those cups. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great gift ideas!!! I have that pattern but haven't given it a try yet. Also have the coffee mugs. They are just waiting to be filled. I like how you filled yours with goodies. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete