Sunday, December 15, 2013

In from the Ice - Christmas Quilts

 
The 2013 Christmas quilt is done!  I named it In from the Ice because the fabric line is Kate Spades In from the cold, and while it has been cold here, the major news was the ice storm last week, and while home bound due to closed roads I completed most of this quilt! 

 
 
Its made from a layer cake and a pack of charm squares and is backed in a quilting flannel found at Joann's.  The solids are Snow and Cardinal, both Kona Cotton, quilted in a lose meander and it finished up at aprox 80' x 90'.    I did the while thing using Aurifil thread. 
I am now a convert, love this stuff! 
 
This is the fourth Christmas quilt I have completed for our family. 
 
 It started with the
 
 

 
and last years Jingle Bells quilt.
 
This was never meant to become a tradition, but after 4 years, I guess I need to start thinking early about what 2014's may look like.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Hey, another happy Christmas quilt! I think your next Christmas card should have each of you wrapped in a different quilt! You will come up with a pretty quilt idea, for sure ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet quilt, Diane! I think this is a tradition that should continue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful quilt, Diane! Love the design. And it's a great tradition - kind of like mine of making each of my granddaughters a quilt at Christmas time. Lilli has started asking for hers each year!

    Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lve the Christmas quilts. I've yet to make one.

    ReplyDelete