Monday, August 23, 2010

Flags!

This is what I have been working on the past week. More flags for the marching band show. These were done with a glue rather than pinning prior to sewing which at first I thought was just another step, but... wow, it made it super easy, worth the extra step.
Only two more flag designs to go! First official performance is this weekend at Half Time and the red/grey flags will be used. Looking forward to seeing them on the field.

In between flags, I have been working on other things too .... Not completing anything, just starting new things (any one else do that?)

This is a layer cake project for Halloween that I could not wait to get started on. Its Haunted Mansion by Sanae that I got from Green Fairy Quilts a couple of weeks ago. It goes great with something I have in my stash for a backing! Now that the kids have started back to school, I hope to knock out a couple completions with all these in progress items I have going on.

4 comments:

  1. Your flags look great.
    Will be nice to see the completeed quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flags are awesome, what a great person you are to make the flags for the team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those flags look so pretty hanging in the sun and the breeze blowing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flags look great! They can be very expensive to buy. Are they made from ripstop?

    ReplyDelete