Friday, April 1, 2011

Bottled Rainbows




Are you working on Bottling a Rainbow?



I recently took a bloggy break and when I returned I saw these blocks everywhere! I am not much of a band wagon quilter. I have avoided hexi's, I have very little FMF and I would rather poke out my eyes than do a cathedral block.




But on Wednesday WIP posts there were so many wonderful blocks I had to go check it out and see how these were coming together. Rachel at Stitched in Color has done a wonderful job putting together this tutorial. She has great tips and ideas and has set up a flicker that is fully populated with blocks that have been completed.


This was my first block, pumpkin. I had lots of scraps to chose from for this block.




Mustard is next. I love how it is coming together.



Surprisingly the eggplant and ocean blue are two colors that I am having issues collecting scraps for. Guess I am going to have to make a new quilt using these colors so I have more scraps.



I am linking to Sarah's Friday Whoop.


8 comments:

  1. I too have seen these quilts everywhere, but I'm resisting as I've got some Easter stuff in the makings. :) But I LOVE your little owl on your orange block! Sew On!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seen these also, love them. I want to make one but I don't have a lot of scraps so that would mean buying a lot of fq. I don't know if I want it to get pricey. whoop whoop to you, can't wait to see the whole thing. Looking good so far

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these blocks too, they are a great way to use up scraps and maybe a good excuse to make more scraps;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is such a great quilt idea - I have plenty of scraps, just no time to make one right now! But someday.... meantime, I'll enjoy yours vicariously!! Whoop whoop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made me laugh there for obvious reasons! I love these bottled rainbow blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fun to see the fabrics that everyone is choosing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ive just got to follow you now, since you said that about a cathedral window. :)))))

    ReplyDelete