Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WIP 4/13







(click to see other WIP projects)


I got back into a sewing groove this week! I am excited about the things I have planned to work on this comming week so I hope I will have something to report as Completed!



Completed: Nothing


New Projects:


Last Thursday I got started on this quilt and now it is pinned and ready for final binding run. This is where most of my time was spent this week.



While sorthing through my older fabrics figuring out what to purge to make room for some new I plan to get I came up with a nice stack of pastel mini prints that are all at least 15 years old. I cut them into 9.5 & 5 inch squares to make a quick spring quilt for our bed ... but somewhere I got confused and instead of cutting 100 total, I cut 100 of each size. Ugh... I see some baby quilts in my future for donation.....


Progress:


I did get a couple more Bottled Rainbow blocks in progress. My 16 year old daughter has already claimed this as hers.... she keeps telling me "I am not kidding, I want that quilt when it is done".... we'll see






Sitting:


I realized I never claimed these two projects that are cut and sitting so I am adding them to the list.




Hour Glass Pot holders : Pinwheel Quilt Along : Hope Valley QAL : Stamp QAL :Chubby Stars QAL : Snippet Pinwheels : Leaves D9P : Mandy's fence : HST: American Jane : Grocery Bags : New Wave



Stats for week: New Projects - 2 : Completed - 0 : WIP - 16

7 comments:

  1. 100 of each! oh my....you're in good company here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like that - cutting 100 of each instead of 100 total. And I can't even use "I got into the groove!" as an excuse because I absolutely detest cutting and I mentally whine and complain and calculate how many I have left to do the entire time.

    Can't wait to see the finished product(s)!

    Also, I have a New Wave all cut and ready to go as well. Just have to finish up these two QALs....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bottled rainbows look great and I love the fact that your daughter has "claimed" it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never have too many 5" squares! I've been using a new 5" die one of my "sewing sisters" bought for my Go! Cutter and have a brand new stack to replace the ones we used up last month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love those ones you just completely forget about :) I probably have a few of those hiding out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing your New Wave quilt ~ love those prints!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooohhhhh....so much eye candy here! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete