Monday, November 2, 2009

We have a winner & 6 years w/o sewing

Lets start out the week with a winner!

I am sure there is a better way to do this, but, I pulled all the comments, made into a word doc, numbered them and then used my personal random number generator (my youngest daughter) who chose 35 which matched the following:

Stephanie (A Ditchin' Time Quilts) said...
Diane, thanks for commenting on my horse quilt. If you hadn't I would have never found you. I love the rick rack on the table runner you posted. A giveaway already? WOW! I love the fabric. Looking forward to viewing your other posts. I have only been posting for about a month now myself so good luck with your new blog! Have fun and enjoy. Stephanie
October 29, 2009 7:23 AM

I will be contacting Stephanie today to get contact info to get her prize in the mail. I decided to throw in a yard of brown jumbo rick rack as well and a fat quarter of some Moda fabric that I got at (gasp) a yard sale for $1 a yard! (she had it bagged in 3 yard increments and silly me, I only got 6 yards!)

Thanks everyone for playing and for leaving such nice newbie bloggy love!

One of the comments left regarded my 6 year laps in sewing so I thought I would explain a bit about that. We moved to TX 6 years ago from CA where I was born and raised. It was on the 5 year plan, and we never expected to stay here so I never worked up the energy to unpack the sewing and craft stuff.

Ended up that the family has thrived here. My husband just got another promotion, we have a great church, and my two daughters are excelling in the schools here, so, despite the 5 year plan to return to family and friends, we are still here.

This spring I decided to take over the 'play room' and convert into my studio. While unpacking my sewing I found the requisite UFO's, including this one which were blocks from a 6 month mystery quilt project by Truckee Fabrics.... from the old days where you got the instructions each month in the mail. I can't believe these blocks sat for 6 years waiting to be put together! It is all flannel and I need to chose a backing and decide if I want to try to quilt myself or send it out.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment on our blog (sister's and mine). This top is very nice - I can just imagine how good it'll feel in all its "flannelly" goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Stephanie.
    I bet it was fun getting all your stuff unpacked. The quilt top is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Thanks so much! I am so excited. I have never won anyone's giveaways. I will love the gifts! I will love watching your posts and seeing your family thrive in Texas. I will email you my addy and can't wait to get the package. Thanks again, Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really off and running after not sewing for 6 years.

    ReplyDelete